400 meters is minimum height

1000 meter attackArea MCU minimum  as the c47s pitch up when they drop their cargo

At least 5km difference between Waypoint MCU and the attackArea MCU.

50 minutes ago, WWZed said:

At least 5km difference between Waypoint MCU and the attackArea MCU.

Ya I've done some tests with FC bombing runs, the WP needs to be 2 km out for WW1 planes any less and they turn to realign which equals a drop that takes forever.

I usually have at least one ai enemy bombing run per mission. They did a good job at that base near our home field on Sunday

Edited by WWFawlty

Lots of trial and error in this line of work Duck.

I usually try to keep alt the same for all wp's and attack mcu around 900m (alt) as well keep them in a straight line. My attack ground is usually about 20m (hit zone). It doesn't take much to throw the ai off.

As mentioned keep the wp before the attack mcu at least 2km out

Did you get everything working?

Edited by WWFawlty

think i need someone to clear me up on my understanding of the c47.  do not think everything it carries can be dropped.

there are 3 options for load out.

I think the only one that actually drops is the c47_cargo.  And I think if you have the ones that do not get dropped on the plane, it will not drop the c47_cargo...

c46a.thumb.jpg.f895caa83fb62294b02bb3dc8904572b.jpg

wow,,,that was a pain in the ass.   Things would happen right one time, then re-run it, and planes do not do what they did a minute ago.  In a lot of cases,,,watched planes just nosedive half way thru their waypoint and just plain crash.

on thing I had wrong...the c47a_cargo is what gets unloaded when the plane lands, and the cargo_x14 is what gets dropped.  I thought it was the other way around.

Planes at 600m, waypoint at 600m, command attack at 600m and set to attack ground.  15000m from waypoint to linked command attack.

with planes set to a load out of under wing containers...it appears to be a 75/25 % chance of getting a drop.  most of the times they do, but have seen them not drop with no changes to the mission several times.

you can not have loadouts of cargo and underwing.  One, the underwing will not show up, and 2, the plane will probably just crash.