DCS Autumn Sale !!!

The Jug is always tempting, but DCS doesn’t do WWII better than IL-2, IMO. I’m also unimpressed with the Dora and Kurfürst. The Mustang is good, I’ll give them that. 

Buy more modern stuff though guys...I’m getting real good in the A-10C. :sniper_1:

I've got the F-15C, F/A-18 (rarely flown it yet, steep learning curve), the Swedish AJ-35 attack bird (something from my youth, I built a model of that -loved the shape- and hand-painted the cammo - took days!), the A-10C II and the A-4C (Vietnam era Navy sub-sonic attack bird).  I think that's all my modern-ish jets. I have the F-86 and MiG-15 also. 

Yeah, I have most of the WWII stuff, but never use it.  I did a months long training in the Hornet recently.  Really enjoyed it.  It really helped with the curve.  Most of the "lessons" were readily available YouTube videos organized in a particular order, coupled with Chuck's guide.  So, it was mostly self-taught.  With the recent updates, some of it is probably out of date now as well.  But, I feel very comfortable in the Hornet now and it's a fantastic platform. 

I still need to learn the A-10 and the F-14 and the F-16 (really love that bird!).  I'm very comfortable in the Korean era stuff, and the F-5 as well.  Love that one!  One of my very favorites.   I have most of the other modern jets (like the various MiGs and Harrier and Mirage), but haven't found the time to explore them.

Here's a link to the training syllabus for the Hornet that I used. 

https://digitalthemepark.com/2020/01/19/dcs-f-a-18-training/

• Thanks 1

I'm keen about the F-16 (I flew Falcon 4.0 pretty hard for a long time, still have the old three ring binder manual), and I may want to explore an Su-27 (if there is one? If not maybe a MiG-29) 

Was looking at the F-5, but... Maybe. I know it's a fun, fast ship to fly. 

WW2 birds, I have a selection of, but not proficient in any. Mustang, Spit9, Dora, K4, and now the Jug. 

From what I gather on the forums, the Hog is one of the harder aircraft to learn due to the various systems and how they're integrated with the HOTAS.  It's much easier now than it was two months ago!

I have also added the Hornet, the Viper, and the Viggen with the last and current sale...

You can get the Su aircraft and modern MiG aircraft in the Flaming Cliffs pack:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/dcs_flaming_cliffs_3/

Cheaper to get that pack on sale for $25 than buy them individually for $7.50 each.  They are not cockpit clickable, but they do have advanced flight models now.  I've flown the Su-27 and Su-33 and MiG-29 a lot as well as the F-15.  I enjoy all of them. 

I flew Falcon 3.0 and 4.0 a LOT.  I had the manual and even the old box with discs until a year or so ago, when I finally did some spring cleaning of the storage shelves out in the shop!  Got rid of most of my old Model Railroad and HO stuff then as well. 

Ohhh...too bad you got rid of the train stuff. I have a friend in Missouri who's a train fanatic. He was a member here for a very short stint, but we were too 'hardcore flight sim' for him. He has cats, explains a lot, lol!

I did take the Jug for a ride, cold-n-dark to a few fast-ish laps then back down. Starting was easy, just a real chore to go through the checklist, especially when the checklist is incomplete (talks about caging the artificial horizon, but never mentions un-caging it, things like that). It doesn't quite have the same weighty feel that A2A's P-47D- Razorback did in FSX, but there's no denying she's a heavyweight. My landing was less than ideal, but no broken parts. Considering I still can't land an F-15 (sits so dang high that I never expect the gear to touch so early, then it gets all sparky and flame-y around me) I'll consider that a great landing.

• Like 2