Windows 10 Updates and NVidia Custom Program settings

WWDarkdiz

Hmmmm, was wondering why my game all of a sudden was stuttering, freezing for a second or two, then fast motioning to current time...

Turns out my NVidia custom program settings for IL2 had been reset to default when the latest Windows 10 update was installed.  Word to the wise...

These custom settings REALLY help with the frame rate...  I THINK I found them somewhere on Discord, but they are certainly copied into the XL file I uploaded in my TM system post.

• Like 1

Hm, I'll have to look at that. The settings I had in place on my last build (only recently replaced after about ten years of solid functionality) I have yet to copy into this new build. Fact is, this new machine doesn't really need the help, even with an older 1070 card doing the pixel pushing (can't get hold of a 3070/3080 card yet). Click the link in my sig if you want to look at the particulars. 

I believe what may be happening if your nvidia control panel settings are being reset to default is that when Win 10 updates, if you do not have the "allow windows to update drivers" disabled, it 

will install new nvidia drivers and this will reset all settings to default. This will only happen if you are using nvidia drivers that are a little older than ones available at time of the win 10 update.

Here is a quick video,        turn off win 10 other udates

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WWSoarfeat said:

I believe what may be happening if your nvidia control panel settings are being reset to default is that when Win 10 updates, if you do not have the "allow windows to update drivers" disabled, it 

will install new nvidia drivers and this will reset all settings to default. This will only happen if you are using nvidia drivers that are a little older than ones available at time of the win 10 update.

Here is a quick video,        turn off win 10 other udates

I actually had mine written down, so was easy to reset

That's one thing i've always been on top of, I always run the latest NVidia drivers (for better or worse). So Winblows should never have to update them for me. 

May play around with those settings this weekend. Governor has the state in a light lockdown, so Thanksgiving is Meghan, Rocky and I. Not to bash family gatherings, but I think this is going to be one very peaceful Thanksgiving.