A Few Pics frrom my own slice of heaven

WWDarkdiz

I kind of like these, more like press the button see what happens...

1 - Approaching thunderstorm at out our cabin on Lake of the Woods last summer.  If you look closely, you can see the comet heading for the center of the cloud.

2 - Funnel Cloud about half mile away.  Didn't touch down, but was scary for a bit.

3 - Northern Lights taken from the deck.

Comet.JPG

funnel.JPG

NLights.JPG

• Like 4

Very nice indeed! Really love that Northern Lights image... Meghan and I have been on the lookout for a good viewing of them for quite a while now. Missed it by a few hours on our last visit to the North Shore ... Had we stayed out 'til 3am or so, the lights were dancing over Grand Marais. We were half an hour south at Lutsen, likely just gone to bed a little before then (was a nice long night with a cozy fireplace, good friends and plentiful beverages.) 

13 hours ago, WWSandMan said:

Very nice indeed! Really love that Northern Lights image... Meghan and I have been on the lookout for a good viewing of them for quite a while now. Missed it by a few hours on our last visit to the North Shore ... Had we stayed out 'til 3am or so, the lights were dancing over Grand Marais. We were half an hour south at Lutsen, likely just gone to bed a little before then (was a nice long night with a cozy fireplace, good friends and plentiful beverages.) 

THAT is what makes this all worthwhile, good friends, beautiful bevvies, peace and quiet.

Looks like you guys are not THAT far from us, we are on the Cdn side, just N of Baudette MN.  That pic was taken 30 Aug 2019, around 2330, pretty sure it would have been easily visible from where you guys are.

• Like 1