DCS 2021 and beyond...

Once again, their video production team is killing it. These clouds should bring my system to its knees. Then the tease at the end is going to cause me to purchase a collective control. Please be multi-crew! The Huey has multi-crew now btw...

• Like 3

Also, I keep on getting jumped by bad guys in fast movers on most servers when I fly the Hog. Then I look around at all the Viper and Hornet pilots flying around loaded with AMRAAM’s, with their thumbs directly in their rear ends, oblivious to their teammates getting smoked. 😂

At least most of the Tomcat crews try to help, but the Phoenix needs some work in game. 

3 hours ago, WWZed said:

Was that a flyable mosquito and B-17?

There is a flyable Mossie in the works, but not a flyable B-17 at the moment. 

3 hours ago, WWGreyWolfe said:

I'm a Tomcat Pilot, I can land and take off, Can't kill shit with jester.

Me too, Wolfe! He listens about as well as the criminals I deal with daily. 

17 minutes ago, WWCephas said:

Still working on getting refamiliarized with the A-10 in all weapon modes.  Then I would like to move to the F18 and possible F16.

I’ve too many modules, but the A-10 is my favorite. 

Edited by WWChunk
  • 2 weeks later...

I've overdosed on F18 carrier landings and takeoffs with the DCS free trial thingy. Interesting the fail safes they have to insure a proper

approach and decent angle.  They almost make it too distracting for my likes, however carrier landings are quite fun !!! Found out the Su-33 

can do carrier landings and takeoffs as well, it is just not as well modelled, but it is @ $38 cheaper.  Well, at least my appetite for carrier stuff

has been fulfilled.........

Took advantage of the sale and picked up the F-16. Then broke out my old Falcon 4.0 three ring binder and started going through the cold start procedures... Other than the throttle lock giving me fits (lctrl-home, dammit) I got the fire lit and chased civilian Russian jets over Vegas until bingo fuel, and managed to land and park... The bird is flyable for the next guy. I calling that a win. 

I was wondering where you've been. Did you buy the 18 and the carrier?

I was going to get south east England just to fly heli's for site seeing but decided to pass I already have Normandy. That's close enough.

• Like 1

Sorry Sandy I wrote that at the same time you replied, meant for Robby.

I'd probably like getting into this newer world of aviation seeing how I own a lot of it for DCS but find between Arma and FC mission building which I really enjoy there isn't enough hours in a day.

• Like 1

Landing the Hornet is a task and a half. I can put the Tomcat down with no issues, but the Hornet breaks my ass all the damn time. 

On a side note, I have become very proficient in the A-10C. It took a lot of late night practice, but with the convenience of the HOTAS, I feel very confident in it now. Wish it carried HARM’s and an A2A radar with AMRAAM’s though. Those pesky SAM sites and MiG-29’s ruin my day on the multiplayer servers more often than not.

46 minutes ago, WWChunk said:

Landing the Hornet is a task and a half. I can put the Tomcat down with no issues, but the Hornet breaks my ass all the damn time. 

On a side note, I have become very proficient in the A-10C. It took a lot of late night practice, but with the convenience of the HOTAS, I feel very confident in it now. Wish it carried HARM’s and an A2A radar with AMRAAM’s though. Those pesky SAM sites and MiG-29’s ruin my day on the multiplayer servers more often than not.

Haven't bought it yet Fawlty--ha !! Still expensive but I may use our simulus checks ( I know, that is not very funny --- bad joke )

@Chunk: If you find yourself in a dogfight in the A-10, you haven't flown it right.  🙂

Started the training at DTP yesterday.  I'm hoping to become at least somewhat proficient over the course of the next weeks.  Then, let's do some A-10 together in MP.  I'll cover your six! 

• Like 1

I’m not purposely getting in fights, but it’s inevitable on the Through The Inferno servers. Where the overwhelming majority of Vipers and Hornets carry bombs and Mavericks instead of AIM-120’s and AIM-9’s. Look forward to flying with you again Phil, and if you ever want to hop in a Hornet with HARM’s and A2A stuff before then, I’ll take it!

Your complaint about the Vipers being ground pounders is why I want to relearn the F-16 as an air-to-air beast. I could really care less about the a-g stuff if I can get you there -and back- intact. 

Does anyone fly the F-15C on those servers or is it so simplified that it's not competitive?