Trackir repair

Question last night ( Tue, 1/5/21 )and request for me on how I repaired my broken track clip.

Here is repair ( easy--peasy ), not sure how others were broken but this was how mine broke and how I repaired.

trackclip.jpg

• Thanks 1

Guess I'll be Jerry-Rigging this together, as I just heard back from Natural Point...

"I'm sorry that your TrackClip Pro is damaged. Do you have the order number associated with the purchase? All of our products have a 1-year warranty and we are happy to repair or replace any malfunctions. However, if your device is older than a year old, we will not be able to issue an RMA."

...pretty much sums that up! Oh well.

10 hours ago, WWSittingduck said:

they are only 35 bucks new from Natural Point.

https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/accessories/

Cool! So this is you volunteering to buy me a new one then Duck? Thanks man!

...on a more serious note. I'm not a member of that overly-disposable community. The thing WORKS...it's just busted....

I'm going to epoxy a machine screw into the broken off sensor piece, drill a hole into the arm piece, slide the screw threw the hole on the arm and put a nut on the back side. 

Kind of a reverse of Robbie's fix.

Easy-Peasy

• Like 1

If you feel lucky, (no returns), here is a used trackir 5.

I bought a used tir3 years ago and it was DOA, suspect they can be killed by improper handling that will let a static charge enter the USB cable connector when the usb plug is not connected to the PC, and damaging the chip inside the tir unit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NaturalPoint-TrackIR-5-Head-Tracker-for-Simulation-Games/265004366912?hash=item3db37dbc40:g:uyoAAOSwjqFf9kYh#rpdCntId

2 hours ago, WWDarkdiz said:

I just received this I ordered early Dec...

https://www.amazon.ca/TRAKCIR-TRACKNP-Infrared-Tracking-Bracket-Tracker/dp/B089ZNSF6V/ref=sr_1_1?crid=SOSY1944JXFK&dchild=1&keywords=track+ir5+pro&qid=1610058548&sprefix=track+IR%2Caps%2C189&sr=8-1

It's wireless, and the clip is much more sturdy.

The LED arm is a plug-in, and you can rotate it as much as you want.

Sorry man, Couldn't read that page... text was all in Canadian.

4 minutes ago, WWDubya said:

Sorry man, Couldn't read that page... text was all in Canadian.

I'll try and rewrite it in crayon then, and use less multi-syllabic phrases (translation... lite on head with no wire work good). 😉 (JK!!!)

Seriously though, I looked on the US Amazon site, couldn't find it either.  Even on the Cdn site, says currently unavailable.  Was about $79 Cdn.

Well, at least one person reads my posts, lets have a 'bro hug'. :hug:

I cant imagine what there would be in my posts that people dont want to see.  Oh, maybe they are afraid of seeing a picture of me sitting in my 'cock-pit' while flying. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/7/2021 at 5:13 PM, WWDarkdiz said:

I'll try and rewrite it in crayon then, and use less multi-syllabic phrases (translation... lite on head with no wire work good). 😉 (JK!!!)

Seriously though, I looked on the US Amazon site, couldn't find it either.  Even on the Cdn site, says currently unavailable.  Was about $79 Cdn.

World needs more Crayon and fewer syllables 😉

• Haha 1