Well the Mission Editor decided to eat my mission....

Well it finally happened, after yet another crash I tried restarting the editor and my mission was completely blank.  I just love this Russian software.

Luckily I did a stress test recently on the WW server so I have a backup but I still will have to redo about 2 hours of changes.    grrrrr.

User beware.

• 2 months later...

Strike two, the Mission Editor does it again, and on my Holland map.  It crashed on save and then would not re-open, even after removing the msnbin file.  Now to see how much needs to be re-done when I pulled a backup off the dedicated server, luckily it is only 4 days old so I think it is just the quick changes I made today for Thursday's mission.

• 2 months later...

Strike three.... gotta love it.  Went to make an edit to last night's mission as a few static trucks were set to the default 25000 health and went to save and CRASH.  Mission file has zero data now.  Like an idiot I did not upload the .mission file to the server so the game would load faster.  I am not doing that anymore.

Luckily it is just a mod of a prior mission so I can rebuild it again.  I do not want to lose the mission permanently if an update invalidated the msbin file.

My editor will not load msbin files, it only opens .mission files unless you know another way.  I tried right clicking on the msbin file and selecting open with the editor but that does nothing.

make sure you know the FILEID of the mission.  You do things a little different (understatement...), and your mission title is sometimes not the same as the file id.  Personally, I try to always make sure they are the same.

in Editor...file > open > and in the open dialogue box, start typing the file id of the msnbin file  you want to open, and it will list all the files in that folder that match up what  you have typed so far.  When you see the .msnbin file you are looking for, click on it...

• Thanks 1

Well that worked.  Since the radio box only had .mission as the file type I could not get it to see the msbin.  I figured incorrectly it would ignore any non .mission file.  Unfortunately I had already rebuilt the mission, and improved it as well.

Thanks for the great tip Duck!!!!!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Please confirm you have read and understand the rules above