What I'm Listening To

On 3/15/2021 at 9:52 AM, WWGriphos said:

Biker!  How did I not know about Justin Johnson?!?!  He's the best roots fingerstyle slide guitarist I think I've ever heard!

Hmm... that's some good stuff right there. 

Checked out his store myself... not a lot available on vinyl, mostly digital. I think a properly mastered LP would do this music justice.

Properly titled volume 2 as well, lol... @WWChunk

https://justinjohnsonstore.com/collections/music-cds-vinyl-digital-download/products/bootleg-series-vol-2-whiskey-sippin-music-album-by-justin-johnson-2020-digital-download

I first heard of Susan Tedeschi  when I saw a video of her doing a cover of Angel from Montgomery mashed wonderfully with Truckaree... Suppose I could find that video but I'm too lazy to look now.

I think that was before she met Derek Trucks (love his slide guitar chops, plus with his Allman Brothers band pedigree he's got great guitar in his blood). The two have since formed a wonderful life together, entertain millions. They're on my bucket list of bands to see at Red Rocks. 

• 2 months later...

We haven't revisited this thread in a while so here's something a little different, Haley sure has quite the range, I quite enjoyed it.

Postmodern Jukebox ft. Haley Reinhart - Seven Nation Army cover.

• Like 2