Mi-24P Hind Pre-Order

It's going to be hard to resist this one Chunk.

I have the Steam version and right now there's no preorder.

That vid is slick, looks like the real thing along with the environment.

It’s going to be hard to resist for sure. Between this, the Apache, and the Kiowa, they may get some money from me this year. Too bad their WWII environments are so dead, because their Mosquito looks incredible as well. 

Ugghhh.... That thing is the ship I hate most of all. And that's directly a result of my Army time on the Wall in West Germany. We studied those damn things till we knew every possible variation. The idea was simple: know your enemy. So we studied ways to kill the Hind with whatever weapons we had on hand.

These days my blood lust for Mi-24's hasn't abated much. I don't care how well it's modeled, I just want to kill it. The most fun I had doing that in a sim was in Falcon4. Somebody made a simply mission over North Korea with a long line of Hind helos ... Load up the Viper with lots of Sidewinders and fire away, then turn to making gun passes. My best record on that little s/p mission was 12 Hinds destroyed. I walked away from the desk smiling after that one.

And no, I'm not buying it. 

• Haha 1

I feel ya, Sandy.  Still, that video is sick!  Like Fawlty and Chunk, this will be hard to resist.  Clever of them to release this BEFORE the Apache or Kiowa.  The Apache will be an instant buy for me.  This one, I expect to dither around about for a while before I finally give in.  🙂

The Apache will be hard to resist. I'd prefer a late model Cobra before the Apache (matches the Hind in time-frame, plus I've actually flown in the front seat of an AH-1S model.) The Kiowa... now that little ship could be fun to fly. 

• Like 1

Now that I have a machine on its way that can actually handle DCS, maybe here is another method of draining my spousal "free time" account and making sure my bank balance stays around $0.00...