Thought I'd start a new topic on these... Several WW members have them, and there's a lot of discussion on making them even better with dampers and custom parts. 

I will start merging posts from the Replica Throttles thread with this thread, to keep the discussions more or less on track. 

Good thing they didnt go through a world neighbor county France, that country works something like a 25 hour week, get 2 hours for lunch, and are on strike every Thursday, because the Gov't wants to cut their 2 months a year vacation to 7 weeks.

Croatians make good rudder pedals, and damn fine guns. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, the last entry in the tracking thing shown above was "With delivery courier - MINNEAPOLIS, MN - USA - 13:18" ... That was 7 hours ago, and I have yet to see them. It's less than a two hour drive from MSP airport to my front door. Now I fully expect there to be extra stops along the way. But ... c'mon. 

Hoping I see them tomorrow, else I've got to get on the phone and find out how much DHL wants in extra fees to deliver my package. This was my first experience with DHL, I've never had anyone ship to me via DHL before. I am suitably impressed with the quick transfer to get to within 100 miles of my home. But those last 100 miles are proving to be problematic. 

Grrr... Now I get an email from DHL saying they "attempted delivery at 14:08" this afternoon. 

BULLSHIT.

Meghan was working from home, nobody ever stopped by. I think they just got lazy and didn't drive down here, so arbitrarily coded it as "attempted" to cover their asses. 

I had to call DHS CS last week over a Ebay package. I used the 1 800 805 9306 number, went through the crappy, "say what info you want to know" recording I got, so Istarted to just say, "agent" when I was to say what my problem with them was, for the automated phone crap to finially say "do you want to talk to an rep?", or something like that. Good luck with those idiots. 

Yeah, no shit.

Im sitting in my living room having a cup of coffee when my phone pings. Got a text from DHL saying they "attempted delivery, nobody home"... Are ya fuckin kidding me?? I'm sitting ten feet from my front door! No knock, no doorbell ring, no vehicle out front. 

I tried their customer service line, what a fucking joke. Never got an option to talk to an agent, just endless loops repeating that delivery of my package had been attempted. 

I swear to God I'm not ever having anything to do with DHL again. 

I managed to get a live person, and am getting emails like below showing that tracking supervisor is attempting to locate and reroute the driver back to deliver my package. 

We'll see if that gal's efforts are going to work. 

"DHLTRC02

DATE   : 21/04/28 14:40
TO     : TRACING SUPERVISOR - /-
FROM   : grzamora - / PHX-CRC
SUBJ   : REPEATED TRACE REQUEST

TR NO. : 3105703140KD5IJ5-01
HAWB NO: (number) 
CNOR NM: CAROLIJA DRVA D.O.O.
CNEE NM: (me) 
CNEE AR: (address) 
         MN MN
         MANKATO
PU DATE: 21/04/22
ORIGIN : ZAG
DEST   : STP
PCS    : 1
PRDT   : P    
VALUE  : EUR 321.0
CONTENT: PC FLIGHT SIMULATION EQUIPMENT
REMARKS: System Activity Created:Colls, pls call him if needed at 1-507-***-**** and make sure it will be delivered pls leave it at the FD Thanks"

Pedals showed up around 8pm! Yay!

Dude in the little red and yellow van was less than pleased. He asked me whose tail I pulled to force him to drive down from Minneapolis for this one package. I told him the dumb-ass who didn't read the original 'no signature required' drop-off request forced me into pulling some tails. Then he looks at his little tablet thingie, shakes his head and walks away. 

Pedals are in and operational. 

Here they are on the kitchen counter after initial assembly... I did adjust the foot pedals to a more horizontal position after putting them under my desk; the 30 degree mark is where I'm starting. Originally moved them to full upright just to test being able to move them.

PXL_20210429_041748326.jpg

• Like 3

About the same as a mid level modern video card, delivered. $453.18 including the damper mod, delivery, fees. Far more than I thought I'd spend for rudders, but I'm already loving that damper mod. Even without the damper, the Crosswinds easily make the CH Pedals feel like a cheap toy.

Haven't quite got things dialed in to my liking, but I haven't had a lot of time to get things positioned and tensions adjusted. 

21 minutes ago, WWSandMan said:

About the same as a mid level modern video card, delivered. $453.18 including the damper mod, delivery, fees. Far more than I thought I'd spend for rudders, but I'm already loving that damper mod. Even without the damper, the Crosswinds easily make the CH Pedals feel like a cheap toy.

Haven't quite got things dialed in to my liking, but I haven't had a lot of time to get things positioned and tensions adjusted. 

Knew you'd like them👍

• Like 1

Does setup include the patented WWChunk decking screws driven into hardwood flooring feature?

(somewhere a domestic partner screams murder)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ya know Dub, after tonight's flying, I can see why he did that. The feet under the pedals are designed more for hardwood flooring, with rubber-ish feel to them. They do absolutely nothing on my carpeted office floor, and if not for the included wall-bumpers I'd be having a hell of a time. 

I need to peruse the site more closely for 'carpet spikes' or something like that so the pedals will stay put on a carpeted surface. 

I had a conversation with Cephas about how the place I'm living in isn't 'mine', so modifications to the structure of the place have to pass through CinC-House. Arbitrarily doing a Chunk-Style "bolt'em to the floor" would not be well received. Now my desk on the other hand, is all mine. And I literally have my WartHog stick's base plate screwed to the desk top. LOL! 

Well, if the nails through the carpet into the wood? floor is nearest to bottom of the fix list, without me looking for other youtube fixes, I would try some heavy duty self stick hook side velcro on as much of the rudder base/pads as you can find a flat spot for. 

One problem is that the hooks will pull out carpet fibers if you pull the pedals loose very often. With the hooks clogged with pulled carpet fibers, they loose their advantage. You can pull out the carpet fibers captured in the hooks when you have the pedals off the floor,  its tedious, but you can. If the pedals can stay put, and its not house rules that they have to be picked up off the floor for the vacuum cleaner to get in that space, you might get velcro to work . 

Or......, honey, did I hear you pounding on something with a hammer in the flight room?

> "OH, I was just fixing MY desk". 😉

• Haha 1

I'm still working on it myself. It's close... 

Main issue for me is still stability on the floor. I don't want to mess up the baseboard using the wall bumpers, and they won't stay in place on carpet.

Never had that issue with the CH Pro Pedals, but their pedal movement is different than the Crosswinds. CH has more of a linear and downward force, where the CW Pedals (with the spring tension and damper set as I do) have a lot of force applied parallel to the floor making them slide and even tip. 

I'm considering a plywood base with rubber wall bumper to secure the pedals to. But plywood... Wow, expensive these days, lol. 

Also, I really like the heel cup on the CH. That helps a ton to keep my sock-covered feet in place. That weird two piece heel holder thing is annoying and uncomfortable. Looking at alternates now.