Mission loading time improvement and Dedicated Server ftp

I finally got around to testing load times by removing the .Mission file and only keeping the .msbin file like Duck mentioned and found that it sped things up by 2x or faster sometimes.

Sorry it took me so long to figure this out, here's to faster loads in the future.

Also Duck can you turn the FTP server back on since you reworked the server?  I got my account reset from TeamViewer but I still have the 30 second timeout.  I found a forum thread on it with over 800 pages of people complaining about this issue and no one that I saw ever resolved it. (for free)

@WWSittingduck

ftp should be working.

I don't have a clue why you had to remove the .mission file.  I originally had thought you were only uploading the .mission file to the server.

The way it is SUPPOSE to work is if the game sees a .msnbin file with the exact same file id and the exact same creation date as the .mission file being called, it will use the .msnbin file instead, but I guess that is not the case now.  Strange

I always deleted the .mission file and left only the msnbin file. The only issue is if you have a bunch of missions on the server and no .mission files for them; if there is an update that messes up the .msnbin file, you will need to upload the mission again. That or store updated .mission files in a folder outside the install on the server for backup. I probably have missions on the server with no .mission file that should just be deleted. I should probably clean that up. 

I did not have to remove it, I just figured if the msbin is a binary file of the mission then it would load faster than the ascii .Mission file so I removed it from the server and tested loading times several times and it was always way faster with the .Mission removed.

FTP is great now, thanks.

I understand, but something is not working right.

You joined Terry's mission sunday.  On your computer you should have both the .mission and .msnbin file (they are both on the server) for that session (ground support for our boys).  But am pretty sure if you check, you will only have the .mission file. 

The newest .msnbin file I have on my system from joining a session is 2/22/21.  After that,  all I have is .mission files for your missions.

Have to believe that update on 2/19 is the cause of all this.