Another new campaign idea for the Fall

Would you be interested in flying a fictional country themed campaign?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in flying a fictional country themed campaign?

• I would be interested in flying this campaign on squadron nights
    • I would rather stick with regular WWII missions for squadron nights

I was thinking of doing a pet project series this fall and was wondering if there was interest among the WW to fly it.  If so, I would make them as Dogfight missions, and if not, as a SP mission series.

This campaign builds upon the Adventures of Tintin SP mission I released last week.  I was thinking of fleshing out a fictional campaign between the countries of Borduria and Syldavia, which were the names the author Herge used for the two countries.

Borduria was meant as a prototype fascist state representing Germany in the late 30's and Syldavia represented a wholesome Balkan monarchy threatened by Borduria's schemes to expand and control the neighboring countries when he penned this adventure in 1939.

I have chosen the MC202 to represent the Syldavian Air Force and it matches pretty well against the Bordurian E7.  I will probably also skin the Pe2 for the Syldavians and the JU-88 for the Bordurians in the bomber role.

SyldavianAF_MC202_Red.jpg.4fb4648caa63d933791d27345fdabb4e.jpg

Edited by WWCephas

Not quite what I meant on the poll choices Sandman, the 2 choices were whether you were ok with a fictional setting or want to keep missions historical"ish" in content.

Apparently my wording caused a little confusion.

In reality they are both the same really, you climb in whatever cockpit is offered that week and do your best and the skins and nationalities are a costume draped over whatever plane you are in. 

Flying a MC202 though would require some familiarization compared to what we normally fly, and that would be the biggest issue people would have with flying this fictional campaign.  (and the Pe2)

I would not want to impose on people a campaign flying in a plane type they do not care for.

Either way it is no big deal to me if that is not a popular option, like I said I will just make them as SP missions available for anyone who wants to fly them if the majority would prefer to fly something else.

I just wanted to get a vote to make sure I was not imposing what I was intrigued to do on everyone else.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WWSandMan said:

Sort of like the TB-3 VS TB-3 mission we did once upon a time... Mostly human gunners, and of course it devolved to one wing gunner trying to shoot the opposite gunner... Of the same ship. 

Dee started it!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Hopefully there is a good sale before the time arrives than Duck.  :)

The skin for that is on HSD already Zed.  Look under skins packs "the Adventures of Tintin"  I have a couple of mine in there now too.  I need to add a Bordurian He111 next.

Untitled.png.c5bb997f088b35e14c3e6dcde3b0eed6.png

Edited by WWCephas

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Please confirm you have read and understand the rules above