Mission for Thursday 8/5 (now Tuesday 8/10)

WWCephas

So I was able to convert the Belgorod 1946 map to Kuban faster than I thought so we will be running it tonight.  There are now two targets that are good for high alt bombing and four for low level attack.

Still late war US and UK vs Russians,

Kuban46.thumb.png.5154bbc474533a570cb9125a34fddc9c.png

Edited by WWCephas

Well that went really well I think.  A couple small things need fixing but an excellent mission overall if I do say so myself.  Might have to make a sequel to this one (or two).

I much preferred my CAP to the PWCG style, especially since planes don't just spawn in behind you when you trip a trigger like they do in PWCG missions.

• Like 1

• WWCephas changed the title to Mission for Thursday 8/5 (now Tuesday 8/10)

For Tuesdays missions there will be radar guided AAA batteries as this is a simulated 1946 mission.

There is a primary mission objective to destroy a large radar guided AAA Battery which consists of a large dish and some support equipment guiding a large battery of flak cannons,  If you take out the radar all the guns will degrade in accuracy. (back to the standard low setting we normally use).  The low caliber AA guns are not radar guided at this mission objective, just the large caliber flak guns.

So be sure to fly erratically and target the radar first when attacking this target.

I have also added mobile truck mounted AA guns to the enemy airfields,  These work in the reverse of the AAA Battery, only the small caliber guns benefit from the radar trucks tracking, not the big flak cannons.

Each battery has it's own radar truck, so once again make sure you take it out first from as far away as possible, or perhaps using a plane flying around at a distance attracting fire (and flying erratically) while another makes the attack run.

All other target areas will have standard AA defenses.

flakradar.png.54517455a70582557238582e5e26707b.png