WWCephas FC Mission group file repository

WWCephas

I will upload my FC group files here for anyone who wants to use them.  I try to keep them very modular so you can just drop them on a map, adjust locations, and in some cases link to Player spawn or scoring MCU's.

Files will be updated from time to time as bugs or improvements are found and the most recent date will be updated.

I hope these can be of use.

(DISCLAIMER- These have all been game tested but there is no guarantee there are not small errors that need fixing from time to time.  I will update them as the bugs crop up)

To keep this thread organized please do not post on this thread, send me a Private Message or start a new thread about a question or request.  THANKS!

Edited by WWCephas
  • Thanks 1

• WWCephas changed the title to WWCephas FC Mission group file repository

UPDATE:  THIS FILE IS STILL VALID BUT HAS BEEN SUPERSEDED BY MY NEW VERSION BELOW 

This is my Airfield Scramble defense file for FC.  It is similar to the WWII version but tweaked for WWI.  It is pretty well tested but is new so it is likely to be updated in the future as I learn more about FC mechanics.

FC Entente Airfield Scramble.zip

THIS .GRP FEATURES:

Variable strength fighters (1-4) that spawn in when an enemy is detected within range.  Their is a random delay in the reaction time for takeoff.

The base is fully populated with trucks and ground aircraft.  Since FC does not have static ground units for the most part all the entities are tied to the Checkzone and will only appear when enemy is near.

The fighters are random experience (Less the flight lead Ace), and if the enemy is already overhead when respawning they will skip the random start delay.   (Emergency scramble)

Once airborne the fighters will engage any enemy within visual sight or patrol for 15 minutes in the vicinity of the base before heading to the de-spawn waypoint.

The fighters have  alight version of my ENHANCED AI ROUTINES and will try to break and escape if triggered.  The fighters will de-spawn if they manage to escape and it does not count towards suppression kills.

The airbase will become SUPPRESSED if a variable number of planes are killed in the air and on the ground.  When suppressed all scrambling aircraft will no longer spawn.  AAA will still function though.

Variable difficulty in scoring for base suppression.   You can also stop Patrols that use this as home base if you link the SHUTDOWN command to that patrols DEACTIVATE link)

The airbase will become DESTROYED if it is heavily damaged and a majority of the AA is eliminated, when Destroyed it will pose no threat. 

Map icons update as base status changes.

Updated to include staggered spawning to lessen server and network load.  When a checkzone detects an enemy in range all the units will stagger spawning by 50ms each and be fully spawned in 3-4 seconds.

TO INSTALL:

Place the .grp over an existing airbase on the map.  Try to place the Airfield Entity directly over the center of the map icon in map view.  (There are no planes selected as is but if you want to add player planes you will of course have to move this entity to the field)  Leave the Translator icons for "Active" etc. centered on the map icon though.

Move and rotate as necessary the group of 4 scramble fighters by the hangars

Place ground static airplanes is desired.  Place trucks near items you want to be damaged by AMMO truck blasts.

Move the AA emplacements where you want them.

Provide a link from the Player spawn airfield(s) to the "On Spawn" input link.

If you change the number of included ground units or planes adjust the kill counters appropriately to trigger Suppressed and destroyed messages.

NOTES:

Many of the control routines have been miniaturized to take up less map space as things are getting crowded.  I tried to make the Spawn counter and Deactivation links stand out for easy linking though.

If you try to change nationality be sure to change the checkzone detection inputs as well and all the static items.

There is a checkzone for enemy detection.  It is currently timed for the random delays and is set to 5000 meters.  

There are no AAA heavy guns, if you want to add them you will need to include a new Checkzone activation routine to cover their longer range.

The Aerostat counts as a AA unit for scoring.

Ground aircraft kills count towards suppression but not base destruction.

A base can be destroyed before being fully suppressed, in which case it will also be immediately suppressed too.

Edited by WWCephas

CAP Patrol - Variable strength / Random direction, time, altitude waypoints/ Morale based AI retreat

This is my latest and greatest patrol routine adapted from the random direction routine I use in GB.  There are NO set waypoints but 3 sets of 6 waypoints at three separate altitudes.

I decided against constant altitude variation so it picks an altitude at the start of a patrol launch then flies for a random WP for a random amount of time.  It may even loiter in the same spot for a while.

New_Variable_Time_Height_WP_CAP_E-AI.zip

THIS .GRP FEATURES:

This .grp file creates a flight of 1-4 fighters that will fly in one of 3 altitude levels towards 6 random WP's for a random amount of time.

It is complex but only requires a single input to activate after dropping and placing where desired on the map.  Most of the routines have been miniaturized to consume less map space.

This also features RANDOM AI SKILL LEVEL for the fighters (the Lead is always an Ace), as well as ENHANCED AI RETREAT routines.  (Retreat triggers = Bingo, Winchester, high damage, pilot wounded)

The fighters all launch from an airfield after the required time delay after the first player spawns (5 min), and begin their patrol.

They will attack any air enemy within visual distance.

If a retreat is triggered (based on skill level and damage type) they will individually head for the escape waypoint (where they de-spawn) at high speed if they can break engagement or if they are severely damaged they may suffer system failures and crash on retreat.

When the entire squadron has retreated or been killed a new squadron will generate after a random delay. 

TO INSTALL:

This .grp file requires an "On Spawn" input from the players airfield to begin activation, there is another input for deactivation if desired.

Select the entire group and move it over the area of the map you desire to patrol.  The patrol currently looks like a six pointed star of waypoints.  There are three of these WP stars placed on top of each other and kept in a separate sub-group.

Drag and drop around selected waypoint locations by selecting their altitude group to grab all the waypoints at that location and move them as desired.

Change altitude of spawn location and patrol waypoints as needed.

NOTES:

To change the altitude of waypoints you will need to zoom way in as each will appear as a single WP unless zoomed in.  Also be sure to leave a 50m stagger in altitude between planes in each WP grouping. (2000, 2050,2100,2200)

WP's have the minum (1) size, Waypoints are not triggered by flying into their zone, the random clock controls WP assignment.

Each plane is a single entity and they are not targeted to the Lead, but they still fly formation, but also may split up if only some planes detect an enemy.  This enables each plane to have its own separate AI functions.

The file as shared is for a Spad 7 flight patrolling at 500, 1000, and 1500 meters.  To change plane type and nationality you only need to select the 4 planes and modify their attributes.

This patrol as built will sweep a roughly 35Km diameter area as currently laid out.

• Like 1

FRONTLINE AEROSTAT WITH AAA (FRENCH)

Frontline_Balloon_French.zip

This is a simple grp file (not saved as a group though) for a balloon emplacement for the frontlines or an airbase.

Most of this was figured out by Fawlty and Duck but I am posting it here to make it easier for a new mission builder to figure out as there are some complexities to making it work.

THIS .GRP FEATURES:

One Parseval French balloon set to 1000M normal height, a truck that simulates hoisting equipment, and a battery of 3 AAA guns and an AA MG emplacement.

There is an automated checkzone that turns the guns on and off as enemy come within range and also triggers the aerostat to lower or rise when clear of enemies.

The balloon will fire three red flares to signal danger and begin to lower.  Due to a glitch in the game this will only happen if it is damaged, so there is a command damage (minor) link triggered by Mission Begin to force it to work.

The Balloon will wait 3 minutes before going back up again when all is clear, the truck will fire a green flare when it is ready to go up.

TO INSTALL:

This is a standalone file that requires no external inputs. 

The aerostat has two waypoints.  The lower one must be manually set every time it is moved to ground level +40 meters.  The High waypoint can be set as desired, you probably will want to set the aerostat's starting height to the same value.

Be sure to change the nationality and type of balloon if not French.

NOTES:

If the aerostat and all the AAA are killed it will automatically stop the checkzone to save resources.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Entente Live Scramble Airfield

I spent the day reworking my FC airplane scramble from the ground up.  I was unhappy with planes suddenly spawning in on the field out of thin air and since there are no static FC objects I decided to make every plane on the field live but with delayed starts.

The old airfield file posted above works well but this one pretty much supersedes it as it also features my full Enhanced AI routines.  In some ways this one is simpler but in others a lot more complex.

Entente Live Scramble Airfield.zip

THIS .GRP FEATURES:

Variable number of fighters depending on the number of players that spawn in when an enemy is detected within range.  Their is a random delay in the reaction time for takeoff.

The base is populated with trucks, AA, Aerostat, siren, ammo dump and aircraft.  Since FC does not have static ground units all the entities are tied to the Checkzone and will only appear when enemy comes within range.

All the entities are time staggered over several seconds to lessen the server load when spawning in and out.

The fighters are random experience less the flight lead.

Once airborne the fighters will engage any enemy within visual sight, if the enemy retreats 8km away from the base they will head to the de-spawn waypoint.  (Landing is too server intensive)

The fighters have a the latest version of my ENHANCED AI ROUTINES featuring morale tests and will try to break and escape if triggered, but also may succumb to aircraft damage depending on skill.  The fighters will de-spawn if they manage to escape and it does not count towards suppression kills.

The airbase will become SUPPRESSED if a certain number of planes are killed in the air and on the ground.  When the base is suppressed all scrambling aircraft will no longer spawn.  AAA will still function though.

Variable difficulty in scoring for base suppression is based on the number of players.   (You can also stop my CAP Patrols grps that use this as home base if you link the SHUTDOWN command to that patrols DEACTIVATE link)

The airbase will become DESTROYED if it is heavily damaged and a majority of the AA is eliminated, when Destroyed it will pose no threat. 

Map icons update as base status changes.

TO INSTALL:

Place the .grp over an existing airbase on the map.  Try to place the Airfield Spawn Entity directly over the center of the map icon in map view.  (There are no planes selected as is but if you want to add player planes you will of course have to move this entity to the field)  Leave the Translator icons for "Active" etc. centered on the map icon though.

The 8 planes included are stacked near their AI routines.  Place them as desired for a straight ahead takeoff.  Each plane has a Takeoff WP that should be set to 300meters above current ground level and 1200 meters from the plane.  (some low power planes crash on takeoff if this is not set) 

The order of takeoff is:

1-2 players = 4 planes in order #1,2,3,4. 

3-5+ players = 6 planes in order #1,2,5,3,6,4. 

6+ players = 8 planes in order #1,2,5,7,3,6,8,4. 

Place trucks near items you want to be damaged by AMMO truck blasts.

Move the AA emplacements where you want them.

Move the siren and Aerostat were you want them, and adjust the aerostat low alt WP to gnd. +40meters

Provide a link from the Player spawn airfield(s) to the "On Spawn" input link.

If you change the number of included ground units or AA adjust the kill counters appropriately to trigger Suppressed and destroyed messages correctly.  There is a separate counter for ground kills and AA kills.

NOTES:

Many of the control routines have been miniaturized to take up less map space as things are getting crowded.  I tried to make the Spawn counter and Deactivation links stand out for easy linking though.

If you try to change nationality be sure to change the checkzone detection inputs as well and all the static items.

The checkzone for enemy detection is currently set to 5000 meters.  

There are no AAA heavy guns, if you want to add them you will need to include a new Command attack linked to the checkzone routine to cover their longer range.

The Aerostat counts as a AA unit for scoring.

A base can be destroyed base is automatically suppressed, but any planes that are spawned will still be live.

The Active, Suppressed, and Destroyed translator icons should be placed 520 map meters from the center of the map airfield icon.

I would like to say this file was made with love but there was a lot of cursing at 1C software engineers who have never fixed their buggy Mission Editor software!  :)

• Like 2