The Apache is up for pre-order...

WWChunk

Greeeeat. Another ship I've always wanted and will likely never fully grasp. 

On my wish list. (just got a nice raise at work <after having put in my notice to quit and received many offers far exceeding my original pay rate> so obtaining this bird isn't out of the question.) 

• Like 1

And here is me enjoying life after being laid off from NORAD...

(Rumour has it I will be back next week though...)

5 hours ago, WWCephas said:

I need to raise my mission builder fees!

I REALLY think you could get paid by 7c for the absolutely AWESOME missions you seem to spit out on a regular basis.  I firmly believe that you are one of the VERY few people that actually understands the mission builder

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Are we looking to pair up as Gunner/Pilot or run with AI in the second seat?

If so, I lean toward gunnery but piloting would be interesting as well.

We should also start talking about theaters, I have Nevada but need the Gulf and Syria.

Syria sounds pretty interesting for missions but the new free Marianas map might work too for short range missions.

Nevada could work too if we wanted to run a domestic threat scenario.

Edited by WWCephas

We could do both, after flying with Wolfie as the F14 RIO I can tell you it CAN be a challenge, as you have to bind not only the pilot but the RIO as well, it will probably be the same for the 64.  In the F14, as the pilot you can use Jester, the AI RIO, but as the RIO, you can only use the AI pilot (Iceman) for VERY limited stuff (he will not take-off, land, or fight).

For this one, I think I'll go with piloting, but still learn the weapons station.

All the maps are pretty good, we all have Caucasus (it comes with the base game), Marianas is, for some reason a bit CPU/GPU intensive (from what I've heard), I haven't flown much on Syria or PG.  I have the kneeboards for them though (I can share them and assist in getting them to work on your particular aircraft).

• Like 1

Syria is my favorite, but it’s more demanding on the computer. I think the Caucasus would be the best for a set of missions. As long as you include several planes, everyone can figure out what to fly. I’m holding off any helicopters until I can score a proper collective. I’ll fly the shit out of the Viper and the Hog though.