Reno Air Pack bundle

WWZed

I'm thinking I'll get the $20 pack.  I thought about just getting one of the T-6 Texans, for $10.  The full pack includes a lot of different skins, with true-to-life cockpits for each, but, ultimately, they are all just different versions of the same four aircraft, and it's only the Texans I'm really interested in.  Although the Mustang calls to me a bit.  So, $20 for all four and the Reno base seems like a good deal.

If I get it, happy to race you!  😜

I don’t do racing sims anymore. Spent years in iRacing, and in many different online leagues in AC and rFactors. Wheel just gathers dust up in the spare bedroom now. Reno might be a fun way to get some racing in now. Still mulling. 

• Like 1

Lol... Been a while since I fired up MSFS, only to find I have an "update" (read that: reinstall requirement) of 114.34GB. Even on a decent cable internet system that's a big honkin' download. 

I hope I don't have to double it by being forced to re-download all the previous world updates and my few purchased add-ons all over again. That's one aspect of this sim that absolutely infuriates me. I think I've redownloaded everything for this sim a dozen times now. 

PXL_20211124_170409260.jpg

Yup, everything had to be downloaded again. 170-ish GB of data, 99% of which I already had. 

Somebody tell me a way to keep from having to re-download the entire damn thing at every update?? 

Back on topic... the full Reno Air Races Collection for $60 is an incredible deal. The base airport setup, plus all four classes of planes with half a dozen or so planes/liveries in each. About 66% five-star ratings. Trying to decide whether to pull the trigger. 

I'm fine with updates, but not with re-downloading the entire sim package, including all the world updates, each time. Not to mention several of the folders this thing uses can't be touched even by the system owner. That's a complete pain in the ass when I now have MSFS folders in three different spots on my system (due to having to create new install locations when updates failed in the past; now I can't get rid of the old ones!) This sim is gorgeous, and I do enjoy flying it. But it has taught me words that make seasoned sailors blush.