Jan 4th Special Event: Kuban Air races.

WWCephas

MAJOR UPDATE TO STARTING AND COURSE MAP UPDATED TO MATCH

I have updated the rules post with changes to the starting lineup.  I found I had room on the map to give everyone their own airfield so I could space them out enough for a straight forward takeoff and heading towards the SE Pylon.

There is no START pylon anymore.

The Start flare is now RED as green would look the same as white under some conditions against the sky background.  You will also receive a message saying "GO" centered on your screen.

If you move forward early more than a few feet before the start you will trigger a disqualification routine and you will not be able to score laps.

Your assigned airfield will have your name on it along with your chosen plane and skin.

I am locking the Can-Am race now with 6 players, 3 for each team (yay!)

Please have those skins on HSD soon.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I am starting Race Test mission up on the server.  It has a mix of eight planes to choose from at three starting positions.  If you want to practice starts pop a flare to initiate the start routine.

Both course pylons are there but only the shorter biplane course has scoring built in if you start a race.

There is a reset base you can restart the mission with by choosing a plane and spawning from there.

The false start check is not in this practice mission.

• Like 2

My skin choices: 

• For my Late War La-5FNs2 : (from HSD)  "La5FNs2_Factory Fresh Pre-Delivery.dds" made by "Raptorattacker"
  • sandy_la5fn_factoryfresh_by_raptorattacker.png.7d30e036fb47d6312446aded21e3aaa0.png
  •  
  • For my Early War Hurricane MkII : (on HSD, squadron skin) "HurricaneMkII-WWSandman_19.dds" made by WWCraven
  • sandy_hurricane_mkii_by_craven.png.c436ee1baea444291c1736eb1da7dc4d.png
  • For my CanAm A-20B racer : (on HSD) "A20_WWSandman_RACING TEAM.dds" made by WWZed
  • sandys_can-am_a-20_by_wwzed.thumb.png.5424bfb958b28c499d88697a73ea0027.png
  •  
  • For my WW1 Unlimited Spad XII : NOT ON HSD (file attached, no idea if this is a default skin or one I picked up somewhere) : "Spad13_94th_Reed_ORG1.dds" , 4k skin, (artist unknown)
  • Link: https://www.wingwalkers.org/vault/sandman/files/Spad13_94th_Reed_ORG1.zip
  • spadxiii_reed_org1.png.0ce8d5fda5465dba982841c8c6fb186a.png
  • Like 1

ALL RACING CLASSES PILOTS AND PLANES ARE LOCKED AND SET IN THE MISSION FILES.

Everyone who has stated their skin preference should find it pre-set in the plane loadout.  Sandman's LA-5 skin is from a non-WW artist so you will need to search for it on HSD under "Artist: RaptorAttacker, LA5 Fresh Pre-Delivery"

All weapons are set to EMPTY and fuel to .33%.  It is up to each pilot to finalize their fuel setting.

Early War WWII planes will have their mod loadouts locked.

Please read the race instructions on the original post one more time if you are participating.

S! and GOOD LUCK ALL.

• Thanks 2

I have created a "2022_air_races" folder in the WW Vault, feel free to upload images, tracks, audio, etc., of this event to that folder. I am uploading the TeamSpeak recording now, will add a link below to the file. 

@WWCephas, could I ask you to upload/share the mission files for this event? (I suppose I could, since I have them now... would that work?) Just thought it might be fun to have those files available for future reference.

Anyone else, feel free to use that folder for trk files, images and/or video files if you like. 

TeamSpeak recording of the event: Jan 4, 2022 WW Air Races event TeamSpeak recording

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to reiterate the race standings as I understand them (subject to review)

WW1 Race: 

• 1st: Diz in a (self damaged?) SE5a
  • 2nd: Biker in a Spad XIII 
  • 3rd: Sandy in a Spad XIII 

CanAm Race (all A-20B's): 

• 1st: Frylock - Team USA
  • 2nd: Geezer - Team USA
  • 3rd: Sandy - Team USA

(YES, a Team USA SWEEP!)

WW2 ('43 and earlier) Race: 

• (the end results of this race were that all but two pilots crashed/died, burnt out their engines, or ran out of gas; I nosed over too far on take-off and broke off my prop blades, so didn't complete a single lap)
  • 1st (and only finisher): Wolfie - Spitfire MkV
  • (honorable mention to Duck, missed a pylon somewhere but was still flying; killed in a collision while flying by Wolfie)
  • Unofficial result was Biker wins, and Sandy second, the only actual survivors of the race)

WW2 (Unlimited, single-engine prop only):

• 1st: Cephas - Bf-109K4
  • 2nd: Diz - P-51D
  • 3rd: Sandy - La5FN

So ...depending on how you want to score things, but I give the results points as such: 3 for first, 2 for second, 1 for third. 

Overall for the night: 

• Diz with 5
  • Cephas, Frylock, Wolfie and Sandy tie with 3,
  • Biker and Geezer with 2