Thursday 12/30/21 Final Flight of 2021! : Holland 1944 UK Antwerpen

WWCephas

We are relocating to Antwerp to bring some WW devastation to that sector as we work our way through making a mess of the Rhineland map.

We could really use an A-20 pilot to help take out the industrial targets next week if any twin engine enthusiast wants to join us.  :)

Antwerpen.thumb.jpg.f866220ad45e2da19970459429c1b578.jpg

• Like 1

You need to have the engine inlet and outlet mapped.  Your stick will vibrate like crazy from elevator flutter induced by airflow disruption if the inlet is open after start, but the outlet needs to be open to keep it cool.

The cockpit card says it has manual oil too, but my oil buttons do not show movement in technochat when I try to change that, and I have never had an issue.  Just watch the RPM time limits.

custom_photo.dds

Edited by WWCephas

The mission went pretty well with a huge turnout for Thursday (11) but was marred by a couple crashes of the DServer.  I am pretty sure it was caused by the 75000 Meter radius checkzone I was using for detecting when people despawned for the dynamic.  I knocked it down to 50Km which is about 60% smaller in total sq km so hopefully that problem will go away.  I am hoping to get back to 60km if this fixes the problem because I cannot overlap if I use two checkzones because it will double count (maybe? perhaps I could run it through a filter that any results within a 100ms of each other count as one???  (worth looking into) 

Other than the crashing, the Dynamic strength seemed to work perfectly (YAY!) cycling up and down a few times with no observed issues.  (interesting that only DServers seem to crash from this not Player Hosted missions)

The AI was tough on us tonight.  We fought mostly D-9's and the cannons they carry do not allow you to make a single mistake against them.  They also flew pretty sneaky as well, I am sure all the rain helped them quite a bit.  That was a rain setting of 9 by the way, with Heavy cloud 5.  We were dodging storm cells all over, it looked amazing.

Those A-20's made short work of the industrial targets.  We spent all night last week with fighter bombers trying to take out just Maastricht in 3 hours and the 4 A-20's took out 4 in much less than 2 hours.

Yeah, I assume that little message in the bottom-right of my screen saying something about 'enemy strength' was the variable thing depending on human numbers? I noticed it went up and down several times. Usually between three and four. 

The mission was both fun and infuriating...  The late war plane set means that German inspired 30mm love (historically only about three hits  -  I'll eventually find the reference for that) was enough to decimate any single engine plane, 8-10 hits would take down a four-engined bomber (B-17, B-24 or Lancaster.) So while being incredibly outnumbered by Allied air forces, a German pilot with a little luck and skill could score immense victories without actually altering the outcome of the battle, to say nothing of the war. It seemed we ran into several of those fellows tonight, lol!

• Like 1

Just tested running despawning planes through multiple overlapping complex triggers and filtering all the outputs through a single 1 Counter with reset and it filtered out all the extra checkzones and only returned one value so if that indeed was the issue this is the easiest fix ever and will make building the Dedicated server sandbox missions much easier..

• Like 2