Cockpit Photos

WWDarkdiz

I have been following the forum thread, and uploading the latest photos to the vault (same folder as the skins, but under... you guessed it, Cockpit photos.  File structure is the same as in-game, just drag the contents of the plane's textures folder into whatever-plane-you-are-looking-for's in-game folder, and the cockpit photo should show up in-game.  Each of the "extra" updated cockpit_photo.dds files (the ones not included in the original mod, I show 14 of them) are also in the ftp folder under slightly different file names, so if in the future you do a repair, or 1C does an update which over-writes the custom_photo.dds file with one of those gawd-awful "Sweetheart" pics, it is a simple matter of copying and renaming the slightly different file name back to custom_photo.dds.

For the files below, simply put them into the appropriate textures folder (...data/graphics/planes/AIRCRAFT_NAME/Textures, make a copy, and rename the copy (in the appropriate folder) custom_photo.dds

Latest are the updated P-38, Breguet and DFW (all in the vault), no 51B (yet).  For the originals, all of them are in the vault, or you can search the IL2 forum to get the mod.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/55201-pilots-notes-for-cockpit-photos/

Simply download and install, the photos go into the correct place automatically

@WWSandMan if you think this is worth pinning, please do so, as I'll post the updates here, all of the supplemental photos are included below.  I couldn't find the old thread with this on.

custom_photoSP7early.dds custom_photoSP7late.dds custom_photoSpitXIV.dds custom_photoTyphoon.dds custom_photoBreg14.dds custom_photoDFW.dds custom_photoDH4.dds custom_photoFD8.dds custom_photoFWA6.dds custom_photoG6Late.dds custom_photoHurri.dds custom_photoN28.dds custom_photoP38.dds custom_photoPDXII.dds

Edited by WWDarkdiz

Apparently the P51D cockpit photo is almost 100% identical to the one required for the P51B. The only thing slightly out (and even this is debatable) is the mixture setting for auto rich.  In the B, it is 100% (according to the specs in-game) and 70% for the D (reflected in the cockpit photo.  There will be an amendment to this photo in due time, but for now...

custom_photoP51B.dds

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Me410A1 is in the vault...

In the planes/Me410A/Textures folder, change the custom_photo.dds to something else, copy the file below into the folder, change the name to custom_photo.dds. If you want to avoid it being replaced when there is a major update, once you change the name, copy ONCE AGAIN the file below into the folder.  Then when the file gets overwritten during a major update or reinstall, all you have to do is rename the file to custom_photo.dds

custom_photo410.dds

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So with the "new" Spitty XIVe, I'm going to see if the engine specs are different than for the XIV.  Until then, if you want the engine specs photo to show, simply rename the custom_photo.dds file in data/graphics/planes/SpitfireMkXIVe/Textures to something else (I use custom_photo.old), then copy and paste the custom_photo.dds file from the SpitfireMkXIV/Textures folder into the SpitfireMkXIVe/Textures folder.

They specs on this photo may not be exact, but pretty close, certainly close enough for government work.

Apparently, the specs are the same, only difference is that the supercharger is NOT automatic, it has to be switched at 11,000'

Pretty sure someone (not me) will update the photo on the forum to add this number, when I see it I'll post it

• Thanks 1

Here is the updated cockpit photo. Download to your data/graphics/planes/SpitfireMkXIVe/Textures folder, then rename to cockpit_photo.dds

It is also on the ftp site under WingWalkers/Cockpit Photos.

This MAY be updated again, to add the supercharger auto switch is disabled with 150 octane fuel selected, and must be manually switched at 11,000'.  Also included are the 2 prop pitch settings

custom_photoSpitXIVe.dds

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, WWDarkdiz said:

Still not a lot on the Schuckert, but I read somewhere that 2000RPM will damage the engine, so 1800?

custom_photoG6AS.dds 1 MB · 0 downloads

Max RPM marked on the tach, redline is 1700 RPM.  I believe that you can push higher than 1700 if you're at "high altitude", if I'm incorrect on this I'm certain someone will jump in and let us know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...