3d printed TrackIr mount

WWCephas

I have mentioned before about my TrackIr not tracking well since it sits perched high atop my oversize monitor and also a foot farther back than a normal monitor so I finally got off my duff to do something about it.

I used Blender to make this pretty simple but effective holder for it that stretches it out 8 inches past the top of the monitor and angling down 10 degrees, with a 3/16 N52 magnet embedded in it to hold the device.

It is rock solid secure as compared to the floppy tripod mount that comes with the device and in testing my tracking is very much better, especially looking over the shoulder which is when you really need it to work.

I was also super happy I got it to fit perfectly to the monitor dimensions on the first try.

The rear part that hangs behind the monitor is made long and wide for more weight to balance out the weight of the TiR sitting out on a 8" fulcrum, but there is also a little bevel in the forward clip that engages the bezel on the front of the monitor like a clip.

20220124_075620.thumb.jpg.8bb7a78e6f7d6f11ad8282bd3c9d6e55.jpg

20220124_075653.thumb.jpg.a86f65df0bba5673e7f14c51b91722d1.jpg

Edited by WWCephas
  • Like 2

you know, you should really be on Etsy, or Ebay,..,..

I had the same issues, but solved it with pvc.  Can adjust camera position up/down, right/left, backwards/forwards and camera rotates on it's post.  Since the picture I have moved the TV forward about a foot, cause I figured out small dots on the screen are next to impossible to see when the screen was 3 feet from my eyes

trackir.jpg.70d8734caea5a579ed1ef9b12a6b26fb.jpg

• Like 1

@WWGeezer You also need to compensate for how much your printer generally keeps within margins.  This was not a high tolerance build though, so it did not matter much except for the small magnet indentation where instead of 4.76mm for a 3/16's inch magnet I know I pretty much need to make the hole 5mm.

How is it attached to the monitor?  Does it just hang on it, or are there mounting holes for screw attachment to the back?

Nicely done, everyone. I may try the upside down trick. My mount is far away and high as well (these were designed back when a big monitor was 19”).  Limits tracking when I look down and too far to the side. 

Edited by WWGriphos