SRS Progress on Public Server

WWCephas

So last night we finally made some progress on SRS usage on the WWII Public Server with BombMong and ChipGru joining the comms and we has a good time hunting down targets as a pack.  Hopefully this trend continues.  So far aside from the people that log in get the map and then leave immediately I have not run into any disruptive behavior at all and there is a good teamwork going on.

I could have sworn Chipgru was Chunk by listening to him on SRS, but then it again it has poor audio quality as compared to TS (IMO).

Craven texted during the mission telling people to join on SRS and one or two people replied surprised that there was SRS for IL2.  ITS THE TOP LINE ON THE MISSION BRIEFING PEOPLE.... LOL  Guess I need to reword that brief better.

Edited by WWCephas
  • Like 2

I also have spent a lot of time on this server, granted for the most part it's sparsely populated, but we do have a few regulars that fly.  I haven't encountered any bad apples during my time on the server either.  In finally managing to talk to a couple of our "regular" guests, they all really like the server and it's format promoting teamwork opposed to PvP.  It's a great environment to work on perfecting flying as pairs at the very least, so anyone wanting to work on that hit me up and we can set up some time to work on that.

I find that the sound quality of SRS to be as good as TS, especially when one turns off all the "realistic" effects.  I had to do a double take when Chip was talking as like Cephas I could have sworn it was Chunk talking.  You have a relative in central Florida Chunk?

After Cephas left last night I stuck around for a bit longer with Bong and SBlessed, Bong on SRS and SBlessed apparently on Discord.  Bong was relaying info to him via Discord, I never thought to ask what Discord channel they were using but it all seemed to work out okay.

Hopefully the word will continue to spread and we'll get some more participants on the servers.  Big round of thanks to everyone that helped putting this all together.

• Like 1

When you update the briefing, can you put on the COMPLAN as well (ie 1 is C2/Guard, 2-4 are open, and 5 is airfield)? We need to start using this as there were a few instances on Thu where folks were stepped on trying to sort out final/base/rolling in the middle of tactical comms

We didn't have many on SRS Thursday did we, I thought the majority was still on TS?  Regardless, the SRS channel layout should be included somewhere so that everyone can see it and understand what we're trying to achieve.  I know we have the plan laid out on the server rules but I'm quite certain none of our guests has read it or the rules because there is no stats server address posted.

Craven, I have been waiting for you to finalize the "info" page, so the serverII stats page still has the old information.

but, imho, the chances of a new pilot that might be joining serverII being able to find our stats page before they actually fly with us are pretty slim.

Absolutely the best way to get info to pilots joining a MP mission is having that info in the sds file, so it shows up along with the mission description.

srs3.thumb.jpg.6b728414fb43cec538fe9a102d66fd8f.jpg

• Like 1

The stat server address is listed at the very top of every mission brief on WWII maps. (In DNS format wwsrs.dyndns.org)

I will work on renaming the SDS file Mission name, I did not realize it could be so long.

How about this: (many keyboard symbols are not allowed like dots, parenthesis, and such) (will change both servers if this is good)

--this is pretty much the maximum length

ServerName = "WingWalkers WWI Public COOP style Sandbox Missions for Dogfight mode - SRS auto join enabled - Visit wingwalker org for stats"

title.thumb.jpg.655aa5d1e9cb9d2b967022ee390397a6.jpg

Edited by WWCephas