WWPlague

Thanks for letting me get my OFP fix last night.

Got one of the full version COOPs started with Tomka last night. Good as ever. Then Sandman Falcon and Tomka and I played with the OPF multi demo. Thanks to Sandman for hosting and Tomka for getting the demo to help fill the slots. We played 2vs2, but the real kick is a Squad of humans and their AI against op force AI. OFP is dated, but I think still stands up, only thing close, is the Tom Clancy games, last one I bought was Rouge Spear (hated the gun barrels thru the walls), never picked it up again, when I got OFP. Cold War Crisis is what Tomka and I have, multi demo is based on it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3070875224&category=27234 or this with Red Hammer
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3071104008&category=27234
I just read the CD key is on the back of the official field manual, you will need a manual with the game you buy (checking this out more)

The newest that has a WWII mod, (never seen it) is the Game of the Year version with the Resistance addon included, cant find on Ebay right now.
Still 39.99, lots of play in CWC or gold, for <10 from Ebay.

I had fun, but trying to get those M60 tanks to work was a b(@*&... Sometimes the turrets would lock up and i would be able to raise the turret any higher than it's level elevation, and other times, like inside the commander's seat, some of the buildings wouldn't render completely, but eh, it was still cool.

I really enjoyed sitting there with my M21 watching Sandman's flag, turning away to eat some food and jumping back to the sound of bullets hitting my back! :lol:

Those jeeps sure are fun to drive... I went full speed into a bunch of sandbags and barbed wire, the jeep shuddered, and bounced back a bit, stalling. After the shock of the collision and the jeep stopped moving, it was funny to see my in-game character sort of fall out of the driver's seat in pain. I had to drag my bloody self all the way to the medic tent /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_rolleyes.gif&key=1e8c06ab12fb541f5359109fc2a9aa78454b8063e7aa8862e992af3163d7b4b4"> :lol:

Once I got a handle on how to do things, and spent some time getting used to the various weapons and and vehicles, I had a blast. The map for that demo is much larger than any of the CoD maps, so some neat coops could be done on that one alone (squad-vs-squad skirmishes, etc).

I really enjoyed the "capture the flag" session. Both of you proved how well you play this type game. Being a n00b at it, I did pretty well for a first-timer also, if I say so myself.

Falcon, it was pure dumb luck that I stumbled onto your hiding position. I was doing the same thing as you, with the same exact weapon (that M21 is VERY powerful!), up on that hillside: keeping a keen eye on my own flag pole. I must have went up through the trees and bushes just before you set up there. I didn't like my initial spot, and was moving around to get behind the very bush you were in front of, when I noticed this boot sticking out. I couldn't recal anyone "dieing" there (dead bodies remain on the playing field), so I moved slowly around to investigate. When I saw you move I just about lost it... was sort of like someone sitting up in a casket... not at all what you'd expect. Once I got my composure back (I meant to fire as soon as you moved, but cycled to a wepon that had no ammo instead!!), I popped you four or five times. I wanted to make sure you didn't get up again ;) Too bad there's not a "hand-to-hand" fighting mode (or using your weapon as a club like in CoD). I would have saved the ammo and just bashed your skull in. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=%7BSMILIES_PATH%7D/icon_headache.gif&key=2376746d9d328f15f1110ea67c6d21118ff8f7dee57ed3951d4d5af0fd3baff4">

What really irked me was that Plague got away with my flag shortly after I found you on the hill. Bastige! I know I had hit him (could see the blood spray from the hits in my scope) but none were head-shots so he didn't go down. (I'm sure the "noob-level" I had on the server was part of this though).

I was going to "Fraps" a video of Tomka and I on a "rescue 3 US soldiers" Coop he and I were playing earlier that night, but forgot. :? I'm telling you, the coops, with AI doing all the stuff we did in the demo, but against you, is quite challenging. Tomka is very good about placing his AI in position to support us, the humans. For example, it takes 2 hits to kill tanks with reactive armor, you better have a AI with a Law near to give the 2nd tap if you need it. Oh, and dont forget to keep your medic safe, you sure as hell will need him to heal you or your other AI, before you are done. Many patches out since the demo, all you got was a simple view of what OFP is like in a early demo. Think of showing someone the IL2 demo vs the full game. I just saw OFP GOTY for 19.99 in Best Buy today, but plenty of coop fun in the $5 CWC version. I checked on the WWII mod for the Resistance Official addon, (no upgrade path from CWC to Resistance), it looks like it is still in beta.

OFP:GOTY version is the latest & greatest & most available of the OFP collection. If it was $20 and easy to find I would recommend it as the one to buy. Due to the confusing incompatibility between Cold War Crisis, Resistance, and Game Of The Year, online players all need the same version. I already have OFP:Cold War Crisis, but I may go to Best Buy and see if I can pick up GOTY just to have it for cheap in case other WWs end up with that version.