The Battle of New Orleans by Jimmy Driftwood (James Corbitt Morris)

Last Thursday night as we were sinking cargo and tanker ships in one of Cephas's missions, I brought up the anniversary of the sinking of the battleship Bismark. The song was made popular by Johnny Horton, who also sang many other songs quite well, like Battle of New Orleans. Someone on Teamspeak sang a little of that song, speaking of the bloody British, "well, they ran through the briars, and they ran through the brambles, and they ran through the bushes where a rabbit couldnt go" 

I mentioned that Jimmy Driftwood wrote that song. My Dad loved old time mountain music, was an entertainer later in life, after he took medical retirement, and had time to travel and play music, until his COPD took his wind and energy, and cancer took his life in 1996. He liked to meet old time country entertainers, and asked to have his picture taken with them for a scrapbook, and to show his friends who he liked to hang out with. After Dad played Dobro on Jimmys old time country music show in Arkansas, he had a picture made with Jimmy. as he and mom, and moms sister and husband, hung out with Jimmy and his wife. Left to right, Jimmys wife, dads sister, my aunt, mom and dad. My uncle took the picture.  

dadjimmy.jpg

• Like 5