coolest map ever!!!! omg

WWTaco

cod files get the falaise Villa map

1st red devil server is running it. IP is 66.230.158.164:28960

this map is so fargin cool...

It's well worth the wait through the other maps... It's a no sniper server also, which i love!!! and it has a Tactical realism mod to it that makes grenedes not fly for miles etc..

All in all the last few days i have not found a bunch of moron's on it either.
FF refelctive is on.. only bad thing is the morons whom fire off like 60 rounds at the starts... just takes away from hearing where everyting is coming from.

also screwed around with the ommha-mohaa maps and the hunt that TFP(thefiberpipe.com) was running the hunbt was also so cool, omhaa , well it was just a redux of mohaa.

amyhoo.. if you got some time on your hands download the map drop it into the main folder and go try and get on 1st red devils.. the map rules.. much better than any other map i've ever played a fps...

gotta love hiding behind a cow every now and then..

S!

Taco

What's the matter Tac? Can't run with the snipers? LOL.

I've got that map. Along with a couple others. Been trying to find servers to test them out in.

I think if the host server has the map loaded and set to pure you are okay. If you have files that aren't on the host server, then it kicks you...at least that is what I figure...

well here's what i get..

Load in all d/l'd maps i got, i get kicked from red devils,

load in just the falaise villa map from red devils no problemo...

leave red devils in and try to go somewhere else then boom kicks ville. take it out and no probelm..

seems pure servers check for map files listed.. etc..

also heard that on the hunt map,, people are landsharking it.. pitiful hacks..

S!

Taco

na the hunt map is a new one, http://www.thefiberpipe.com server is running it and omaha_mohaa on the tfp server.. at lteast they were on sunday..

I usally hit it cause they run it rifle only on sundays..

susposedly, it was not "checked" for errors and i guess some munyaks were landsharking it...

i know COD makers are looking into punk buster or a few "hack" kickers...

best now is to fight with people/servers ya know...

red devils are good at catching, banning and kicking anyone thought to be using any hacks..

S!

Taco

Forgive my ignorance, but what is "landsharking?"

Did run into a guy named "Salone I" on one server that was using an aimbot. He was standing on a create in pavlov with an MP44 and just spraying getting some 20-25 headshots in a row.....oh yeah, and bragging about how he got this awesome aimbot from some Russian website...

oh-- since im ranting i might as well tell you guys-if you already dont know about a little program called punk buster..
im not sure if it is for use with Call of duty yet -but I use it when i play Soldier of fortune 2'
It seperates servers that everyone needs punkbuster to play on and keeps the cheating away. it works...
updated regularly..with a simple connection before you play.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php

says here COD version coming soon.

Sensei,

Landsharking is when you go underneath the ground so people can only see the very top of your head. Or you crouch, and your helmet just skims along.

It really sucks!!! and only real dedicated cheaters will employ it i am sure.. and suzposdely, you can toggle it. so go tunneling over to a spawn point, a few keystrokes later and boom, poof, yippe kye aye mister falcon...

S!

Taco

I can see how it can be done on that Hunt map, Taco. Especially since the map has got blank tiles all around it. After I got killed there, I went inot "free roam" or "spectator mode" or whatever... not watching any specific player. I was able to glide under that map no problem. I have no idea how you'd do it actually playing though. Maybe just walk off one of the incomplete tiles?? Several folks who were on the server mentioned in chat that anyone "going under the village" would be kicked. I had no idea what they were talking about until I went into spectator mode...

I've got an earlier version of that Falais map, and played it in pseudo-single player by opening a server with that map and just walking around. It's well made, and complete (unlike the Hunt map).

All of the CoD maps are just too damn small though. It's like QMB or instant action in flight sims: no time to get into the mission, you're just instantly in combat. This is one of the biggest drawbacks to CoD for me, aside from all the lame-duck assholes who have to cheat to enjoy the game.

BTW: I'm playing CoD single-player with a self-imposed one life rule, and playing at one notch under the hardest level. So far I've cleared all the American maps, and am playing the Brit guys trying to rescue the downed airmen. **Fingers Crossed** for continued existance!

All of the CoD maps are just too damn small though. It's like QMB or instant action in flight sims: no time to get into the mission, you're just instantly in combat. This is one of the biggest drawbacks to CoD for me, aside from all the lame-duck assholes who have to cheat to enjoy the game.

That's my biggest beef with it also Sandy. I like having the room and the time to organize an assault or a defense.