Just can’t stop

WWBiker

• 1 month later...

I Thought I might show these pictures of my RAT bike in its finality .... it will do a wheel stand and a bit of rubber in 1st in 7th it tops out at 68.8 kmh that was fast enough for me not to fool with ratio's . ...Trike is almost there it is more retro Steam Punk I will show it soon.

IMG_2118.JPG

IMG_2119.JPG

IMG_2120.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Snow off the ground today thought I would take a few shots of the trike I put together for Bev to take the King of Yorkshire down to the beach.

IMG_2135.thumb.JPG.ed4995be8c156994e2c104217d15e2ef.JPG

He has a sun shade and a trunk to carry the Royal ball and poop bags.

IMG_2137.thumb.JPG.1f646662fa52a74ffbbf900955ce17ff.JPG

IT is kinda Goth Steampunk in style  500 watt front wheel drive, Hydraulic caliper disc brakes front and rear and seven speeds

IMG_2138.thumb.JPG.68f883e4eba8c423d7007f9a28d85307.JPG

Parts are rolling in now for another trike they are very popular here in this town of dinosaurs .

• Like 2

Boeing used to have yellow industrial styled bicycles all over the Everett widebody factory (They were quite handy being it is the largest building in the world by volume), until the 2000's came along and "Go for Zero Safety" plan was implemented where the root cause of any accident needs to be investigated so it never happens again.

Well of course someone got hurt riding a bike, so the solution was to get rid of all the bikes.  Reason #23942 why I retired early.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@WWCephas Yeah, not that Darwin had anything to do with it ("Natural Selection.") 

Also, the reason I've declined several "promotion" opportunities. I simply cannot accept corporate garbage as 'beneficial' to local customers.

Example: In the simplest terms, I deliver my company's products to customers. 

In realistic terms, I am my company's 'outward face' in the geographic area I cover. I love this aspect of my job. I see my customers every week. I am the face of my company to them. And how I relate with my customers drives how they deal my my company.

To whit: I was recently "called on the carpet" because my response to a customer was not in line with my company's (read: another division's) outlook on customer service. I actually wanted to help the customer attain better value for their investment. **gasp!** 

In the end, the customer turned 7 digits worth of annual business to a competitor. Because one person in my 'chain of command' would not accept my REPEATED pleas to accept one stipulation of customer service that fell directly into my lap (and which I had already been accomodating the customer with for over a decade.) Seven Goddam digits man. In the corn fields of southern Minnesota that I have served in this company and this industry for 15 years now. C'mon... LISTEN TO ME! I am not a complete idiot. What that customer required was exactly what I had been providing them. I could not have written their requirements better myself! But it was worth it in this manager's view to lose over a million bucks annually to 'stick it to me.' 

What a fucking dumbass. And he would have been my boss had I accepted the "promotion" several years ago. 

Riding the "no longer give a fuck" train to 20 years company service ... 

I could go on for days about the $32 BILLION dollars wasted by bad management decisions on the 787 program I witnessed first hand.   

Almost made the government look efficient in comparison.

Oh well, like you I turned down the management path because I wanted to keep my soul.  :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Those look so cool!

Reminds me that my grandmother, in her later years, opted to park her '69 Dodge Dart because she didn't like the fast pace of traffic at the time. So instead, her son (my uncle) bought her an adult-sized tricycle to tool around town in. She loved it! She had it outfitted with two baskets (one small one on the handlebars and a larger one where the puppy-caddy is on yours), a thumb-bell and a red triangular flag on a three-ish foot tall pole attached to the rear basket, and off she went. For a time she and I rode our bikes together around the park across from her home every weekend. Then the cancer came back and a chapter of my life closed.

She was a very thrifty and traditional woman (a woman of her generation knew no other way to be, being a child of the Great Depression) but I know she would have been thrilled to put a scarf over her hair and ride that trike all over town. 

• Like 1