Dear Santa,

WWSittingduck

That time of year.....Black Friday, Black Monday...

Not much on my list, but am considering a bigger monitor. Am using an Acer 24" now, and it's on a wall mount arm, which is great for me, cause I need the desk space.

So if anyone see's a nice 32 or 34 inch monitor on sale anywhere, post it. If it's over 300.00 bucks....don't bother. My wife calls me cheap, i like to think of myself as frugal.

Based upon recommendations from flight simmers I trusted, I purchased a TV vs another monitor. Very clear picture, much better than the 27" LG which I now use as the second monitor. (note: I purchased a 40" for under $300.)

[attachment=0]IMG_0674.JPG[/attachment]

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/146-5837861-7327740?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=32+inch+tv

Well, I just dropped $1500 on a new refrigerator tonight. My compressor went out on the old one. These things always seem to happen when everyone comes to visit, usually at Thanksgiving. I had the HVAC go out one Thanksgiving with everyone here, and the well pump another Thanksgiving. I need to stop inviting people here for Thanksgiving!!

Anyway, Duck, I have the BenQ 32" monitor and I'm very happy with it. It's about $500, but worth it, I think. Maybe it will go on sale Friday somewhere.

Regarding the BenQ 32...do you think I would have any issues with running it on my current graphics card? I think my signature is right ( MSI GTX 770). Sometime in the next two years will do a complete rebuild , but it would be great to upgrade the monitor now.

Regarding the BenQ 32...do you think I would have any issues with running it on my current graphics card? I think my signature is right ( MSI GTX 770). Sometime in the next two years will do a complete rebuild , but it would be great to upgrade the monitor now.

It will work well for you, but you might not want to run in resolutions higher than 1920x1080 for gaming, considering your CPU, RAM, and video card specs.

However, BoX is a pretty well optimized video platform, so there's a good chance that you might be able to ratchet up the resolution, but might need to tone down some of the video effects... all give and take (lower reso and higher effects, or higher reso with lower effects).

I think you'll be fine with the 770, at least at 1080. I had that card at first when I got the monitor, but upgraded to a 970 because a friend had one to sell for a good price.

I run mine at 1440 with no issues at all in BoX. My CPU is a i5 2500K that I o/c to 4.3 or so.

I have the 32" model. BL3200 (P, I think). I love the real estate. It really helps me see those little dots that are supposed to be planes or soldiers or whatever!!

Its interesting that the monitors you guys bought seem to focus on photography and color accuracy, while other monitors are pitched as "gaming monitors" that focus on lag time.

The specs seem very similar. Waiting until I get home and see what my current monitor size is....might be that 27" is already an upgrade

I looked into these when I got mine. Ultimately, I wanted more 16:9 screen real estate, with more height as well as width and 1440k.

But, this is a great gaming monitor at a great price. It’s 1080, so stuff on it won’t be as small as on a 1440, but it’s height is a lot less, so it might work out about the same visually. As I understand it, if full screen apps don’t have a native 21:9 aspect ratio option, you’ll get black bars on both sides and a smaller 16:9 picture.

I like that it’s not curved.

Without the benefit of testing, myself, I'd say yes. More peripheral view, and greater field of view for the same amount of horizontal head tracking (TrackIR). Do keep in mind that it may come at the cost of a few FPS due the greater number of pixels, but if you are already getting anything above 90FPS with your current monitor, you may not even notice the difference in frames.

Thanks....

I guess if i am considering a new monitor, I should make sure VR is not a better option. I have the feeling I am not going to like the constant head turning, but if the overall experience (peach swears by them) is better, no reason to discount them out entirely.

For those who have just purchased a monitor, or are considering it, would be interested to know if you considered VR, and if so, what made you not go this route.